Chat allows you to share and exchange information and knowledge of topics related to Farms.com with other users of Farms.com.
The chat screen provides a variety of facilities to easily access a desired topic of your choice.
Select the chat option of the main menu to display the chat page.
The chat page provides you with the following options:
• Search facility: Allows you to enter a keyword and search in all the chat groups or a specific chat group.
• Chat groups: Provides a listing of groups with a count of topics present in them.
• Popular Chat: Displays the top 10 chat topics – the chats that have received the most messages.
• Chat for you: Displays the last 10 chat topics viewed by you.
• Most Recent Chat: Displays the 10 most recent topics.
When you select a particular chat group, the page displays a listing of the topics in that group. You have the option to view the topics in two formats.
Displays the topic name, author, replies, last post on the topic with the date and time stamp
Displays the topics and responses posted in a hierarchical manner with the author and date, time stamp.
By default the topic will be displayed in the compact view if the mode of view is not mentioned while adding the new topic.
Add a new topic
To add a new topic you have to be a registered user of Farms.com. To register yourself,
please follow the steps in the section titled Registration in this user guide.
1. Select the group in which you want to post a new topic. Click on the icon to select the group from the pre-defined chat groups.
2. Click on icon.
3. In the Topic field, type the title of the topic.
4. If you are logged in, the First Name, Last Name, Display Name, Email will be automatically displayed from your profile. These fields are non-editable.
5. In the Message field, type in the contents of your topic.
6. In the Optional Image Attachment(s), you can upload a maximum of three images to be displayed with your topic. Click on the button to select the image to be uploaded into the application.
7. Select either the Compact view or Thread view for your topic.
8. Click the Post Topic to upload the topic into Farms.com.
9. Clicking on Cancel Post will not add the topic you have created into Farms.com
Posting a Reply
To post your replies to an existing topic in Farms.com, you need not be a registered user of Farms.com. Click on Reply to this Topic for an existing topic or Reply to this message for a reply already posted for the selected topic.
The page displayed is similar to the one shown in Add a new topic. Kindly follow the steps given in the Add a new topic section to post a reply for an existing topic.
Report a Topic or Reply to a Topic as offensive
If you find any topic in the chat page or a reply given for a topic to be offensive, we encourage you to report the offensive chat to the Farms.com webmaster immediately. Appropriate action will be taken by the Farms.com Webmaster.
To report a topic as offensive, navigate to the topic. Click on Report this Message.
The page displayed is similar to the one shown in Add a new topic. Kindly follow the steps given in Add a new topic section to report a topic to Farms.com.
To send a comment to the author
As Farms.com values user privacy the email address of the authors are not displayed on the page, but you can send your comments through Farms.com.
1. Click on the Author name displayed in the topic.
2. In the Your Name field, type your name.
3. In the Your Email field, type your email address.
4. In the Comment field, type in your comments for the author of the topic.
5. Click on Send to mail your comments to the author.
Back To Main Help Page