The Agronomy Update conference has been a major crop production extension event in Alberta for over 20 years. This conference is at the Sheraton Red Deer Hotel on January 9 and 10, 2018.
Grain producers, crop advisors and industry partners will have the opportunity to hear over 25 presentations from leading agricultural research scientists and agronomists about current soil and crop issues in Alberta. “There will be something here for everyone,” says Neil Whatley, crop specialist with Alberta Agriculture and Forestry. “It’s also an excellent opportunity to network with others in the agriculture industry!”
The line-up of presentation topics and speakers this year is impressive. Among the many presentations, some of the topics on the program include:
- optimizing inputs and management for top crop yields
- provincial insect update including grasshopper, pea leaf weevil, diamondback moth, wheat midge and several other insects
- pesticide re-evaluation in Canada including the product Matador
- red lentil agronomy and how different this is from growing field pea
- soil water topics will include alleviating subsoil compaction and reducing nitrogen and phosphorus nutrient load into surface water
- wild oat herbicide resistance – few active groups remaining
- glyphosate resistant weeds in Western Canada
- development of fungicide insensitivity in field crops
- an overview of cereal, pulse and oilseed diseases
- fusarium head blight infection risk assessment tools
- and much more……….
Continuing Education Units
Certified Crop Advisors, Certified Crop Science Consultants and holders of Pesticide Applicator Certificates are eligible to obtain continuing education units at Agronomy Update 2018.
Source : Agriculture and Forestry