Governor Hutchinson has directed Secretary of Agriculture Wes Ward and Plant Board Director Terry Walker to convene and co-chair a task force to review the dicamba technology, investigate current problems with its use and application, and make long term recommendations for the future.
The following individuals have been selected to serve on the task force:
- David Wildy, Farmer, Northeast Arkansas;
- Joe Mencer, Farmer, Southeast Arkansas;
- Shawn Peebles, Farmer, Central Arkansas;
- AJ Hood, Arkansas Soybean Association;
- Terry Dabbs, Arkansas Farm Bureau;
- Andrew Grobmyer, Agricultural Council of Arkansas;
- David Hundley, Arkansas Poultry Industry;
- Blake Foust, CCA, Arkansas Agricultural Consultants Association;
- Sterling Clifton, CCA, Arkansas Agricultural Consultants Association;
- Billy Maddox, Arkansas Seed Growers Association;
- John Petrus, Arkansas Seed Growers Association;
- Chad Duckworth, Arkansas Seed Dealers Association;
- Stacey Bruff, Arkansas Seed Dealers Association;
- Don Johnson, Arkansas Crop Protection Association;
- Brad Koen, Arkansas Crop Protection Association;
- Dale Reed, Arkansas Plant Food Association;
- Dan Gladden, Arkansas Plant Food Association;
- Danny Townsend, Arkansas Green Industry;
- James King, Arkansas Green Industry
The task force will be assisted by technical experts serving as non-voting advisory members.
Task Force meetings will be facilitated by the Winthrop Rockefeller Institute on Petit Jean Mountain with the first meeting scheduled for August 17, 2017. The task force will attempt to reach consensus on a set of recommendations for the use of dicamba products in Arkansas as quickly as possible in order to provide certainty for the 2018 growing season. Upon conclusion of the task force, findings will be provided to Governor Hutchinson, the Arkansas Agriculture Department, and the State Plant Board.
Learn more at aad.arkansas.gov. The Arkansas Agriculture Department offers its programs to all eligible persons regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.