News


  

Monsanto Delays NemaStrike For Additional Review (Nov 03, 2017)
By Jim Steadman 
 
After finding cases of skin irritation, Monsanto is pulling NemaStrike – its new nematode seed treatment set for introduction in 2018 – for further product review.
 
The product was approved by EPA in October for use as a seed treatment in cotton, corn and soybeans.
 
“As we prepared for the commercial launch for seed treated with Acceleron NemaStrike ST, there have been limited cases of skin irritation, including rashes, that appear to be associated with the handling and application of this seed treatment product,” says Brian Naber, U.S. commercial operations lead at Monsanto.
 
The company says the cases it has reviewed so far indicate proper use of personal protective equipment is a key factor in the safe use of the product. Monsanto says it is “out of an abundance of caution” it is stopping commercialization of the product while it reviews the situation. However, “Ground Breaker” trials will continue this spring.
Click here to see more...

 
 
Browse by subject: