The 2013 Tractor of the Year prize has been awarded to the Deutz-Fahr Agrotron 7250 TTV. A group of European journalists evaluates the nominees and reviews them under field conditions.
Italian magazine TRATTORI developed the prize, which was awarded for the first time in 1998. The publication covers tractors and agricultural machinery. Past winners have included the John Deere 7280 R and the Fendt 828 Vario.
The 7250 Agrotron TTV includes:
- 263 hp
- Three PTO speeds (540E/1000/1000E) with electrohydraulic control, load detection and proportional startup
- Deutz TCD 4-valve turbodiesel 6.1 L6 Tier 4 Interim engines with AdBlue exhaust treatment
- Deutz-Fahr TTV stepless transmission
- Top speed of 37 mph, or 31 mph with an engine speed of 1650 rpm
- Class S2 cab with a multifunction armrest that houses all tractor controls, larger iMonitor display, lighting control panel, main seat and passenger seat, one-piece windscreen and an automatic climate control system
- Advanced Powerbrake braking system, including an electronic parking brake with intelligent braking function
The Same Deutz-Fahr group is based in northern Italy and manufactures tractors, combine harvesters, engines and other agricultural machinery.