“So God Made A Farmer” Ram Truck commercial Airs during 2013 ACMs
Beloved farmer commercial played at one of the commercial breaks during the Academy of Country Music Awards
By Amanda Brodhagen, Farms.com
The popular “So God Made A Farmer” Dodge Ram Trucks commercial, which originally aired during Super Bowl XLVII, was featured at one of the commercials breaks during the Academy of Country Music Awards (ACMs) last night.
"RAM Truck fans and country music fans are one and the same as they are cut from the same cloth of authenticity with a genuine work-hard, play-hard attitude," said Fred Diaz, President and CEO, RAM Truck Brand, Chrysler Group LLC.
Just like the night the commercial was played during Super Bowl, the Twitterverse once again exploded with excited and admiration over the montage of pictures paying tribute to the American farmer.
Ram Trucks took the opportunity to Tweet-out encouraging Tweeps to thank those who helped reach its goal that raised $1 million for the National FFA Foundation. The Ram spot has been viewed more than 12,404,036 times on Ram's original YouTube post alone; other YouTube posts of the commercial have received more than 6 million views. The truck brand also reminded viewers that 2013 is declared “The Year of the Farmer”. The following are a just a few examples of some Tweets from last night:
RamTrucks has partnered with ACM for the past few years to help fans name the Entertainer of the Year. This year’s Entertainer of the Year winner was Luke Bryan. This year marked a record breaking year with 1.1 million fans casting their vote for Entertainer of the Year and New Artist of the Year categories, combined.
ACMs 2013 winners:
• Entertainer of the Year: Luke Bryan
• Male Vocalist of the year: Jason Aldean
• Female Vocalist of the year: Miranda Lambert
• Vocal Duo of the year: Thompson Square
• Vocal Group OF THE YEAR: Little Big Town
• NEW ARTIST OF THE YEAR PRESENTED BY KOHL’S: Florida Georgia Line
• ALBUM OF THE YEAR: Chief – Eric Church (EMI-Nashville) Produced by: Jay Joyce
• Single Record of the Year: Over You – Miranda Lambert (RCA)Produced by: Chuck Ainlay, Frank Liddell, Glenn Worf
• Song of the Year: Over You – Miranda Lambert Composers: Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton Publishers: Pink Dog Publishing (BMI), Sony ATV/Tree Publishing (BMI)
• Video of the Year:Tornado – Little Big Town Producer: Iris Baker Director: Shane Drake
• Vocal Event of the Year: The Only Way I Know – Jason Aldean With Luke Bryan & Eric Church (Broken Bow) Produced by: Michael Knox
• New Male Vocalist of the Year: Brantley Gilbert
• New Female Vocalist of the Year: Jana Kramer
• New Vocal Duo or Group of the Year: Florida Georgia Line