4-H organizers started the first Canadian club in Roland, Man. in 1913. The organization was called the Boys’ and Girls’ Club but, in 1952, became known as 4-H. This fist club received one dozen poultry eggs, purebred potatoes and seed from the Department of Agriculture. A club leader helped the youth in growing and caring for their animals and crops.
Photo credit: Gordon Goldsborough photo.