AgCareers.com Expands to Australia and New Zealand;
Partners with Rimfire Resources
May 31, 2006, Clinton, NC – AgCareers.com, a Farms.com Company, is pleased to announce that it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Rimfire Resources PTY Ltd. of Australia to cooperate on a number of strategic human resource offerings. AgCareers.com is the leading online career site and human resource service provider for agriculture, food, natural resources and biotechnology in Canada and the United States of America. Rimfire Resources Pty Ltd. is the leader in providing recruitment and human resource products and services to the agricultural industry in Australia and New Zealand.
“The recruitment and retention of quality talent in the agriculture, food, natural resources and biotech sectors is a global issue, not a North American one,” says AgCareers.com President, Eric Spell. “The world is a different place than when I grew up, in many ways it is much smaller because distance is no longer a barrier to opportunities. Yet, in many ways the possibilities are so much greater."
“AgCareers.com and Rimfire Resources both agree that attracting today’s top talent is a global issue, not a local issue. As it becomes easier through technology and the cost of travel for both people and companies to operate in global markets, the need to source human talent internationally is becoming more apparent. The opportunity for Australian and New Zealand companies to attract talent from the global market can now be facilitated through AgCareers.com. It also provides opportunities for Australian and New Zealand agribusiness professionals to look for career opportunities in North America (and worldwide) effectively and easily through AgCareers.com,” says Mick Hay, Managing Director of Rimfire Resources.
The Memorandum of Understanding will allow each group to offer innovative, yet proven services in its home countries. These include:
In the United States and Canada
• AgCareers will begin to offer the Rimfire Resources Salary Survey in the fall of this year. The Rimfire Resources Agribusiness Salary Review is a salary review guide for agribusiness. It is the most comprehensive guide to salaries for positions specific to agribusiness and provides valuable data for management on salary remuneration packages across agribusinesses.
• AgCareers will also begin to offer the Rimfire Resources GradLink. Rimfire Resources Grad-Link program is an initiative for agribusiness graduates ready to enter the workforce and looking for careers in agribusiness. It matches the employment aspirations of graduates with the needs of agribusiness to recruit talented individuals.
In Australia and New Zealand
• The AgCareers.com website will be adapted and launched in the coming months
• Rimfire Resources will begin to offer AgCareers’ innovative Education and Training products in the fall
• Rimfire Resources will launch the AgCareers.com Human Resources Roundtable event later on in the year which will compliment their existing Salary Survey and HR Review services. The Roundtable event will gather agribusiness HR experts together to identify and discuss HR agribusiness trends and issues
For close to ten years, AgCareers.com has been the leading recruitment website in the field of agriculture in the United States and Canada. AgCareers.com connects job seekers and employers with a targeted, online tool that is economical and produces results. AgCareers.com highlights more than 1 million page views each month, and features more than 1500 new job postings every month. Farms.com is an active shareholder partner in AgCareers.com.
About Rimfire Resources
Rimfire Resources, formerly known as Agribusiness Recruitment, began as an executive recruitment company in 1994 and subsequently expanded its management consulting and training activities. Rimfire Resources takes a specialist approach -- more readily identifying and answering its clients’ needs and offers customer focused services in executive recruitment, remuneration benchmarking and HR consultancy. It provides HR expertise along the full length of the agri-food and fiber chain from inputs to processing, manufacturing and logistics.
Farms.com Ltd. is a leading provider of innovative information products and services, with software solutions for the global agriculture and food industries. Farms.com can be accessed through its internationally recognized agriculture information portal, which has business services and resources for the 16,000-plus agribusiness professionals and livestock and crop producers who use it each day for business services and resources. In addition to AgCareers.com, the Farms.com family includes PigCHAMP, Inc. (www.PigCHAMP.com) -- the leading swine industry software and knowledge management company, as well as M&F Trading the leading livestock marketing company in the North American pork industry. Farms.com operates across North America with offices in Ames, Iowa; Clinton, North Carolina; Fresno, California; and London, Ontario, Canada. For more information, visit: www.Farms.com.