Quebec City, Quebec – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
Quebec’s Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, André Lamontagne, and the Federal Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, Marie-Claude Bibeau, announced an additional grant of up of up to $3 million for the 2020-2021 fiscal year and a maximum grant of $8 million for the 2021-2022 to 2023-2024 fiscal years. Of this amount, $4 million will be provided under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership.
The Export Group is the Quebec government's main partner in supporting the development of Quebec biofood exports. The organization works with companies in the sector in several ways, including:
Source : Government of Canada
- The implementation of an annual program of collective activities, in particular:
- the preparation and presence of Quebec companies at trade shows outside Quebec;
- training for biofood exporters;
- support for companies in developing and consolidating markets;
- the organization of marketing activities;
- financial support for biofood companies in carrying out individual export projects, through the Quebec government's Biofood Export Support Program, a program co-financed by the governments of Canada and Quebec;
- the deployment of technical-commercial services for exports (consulting services in labelling and regulations, sample shipments, etc.).