Four scholarships worth $2,500 each are available.
By Andrew Joseph, Farms.com
The Christian Farmers Federation of Ontario (CFFO) is awarding up to $10,000 in scholarships—four scholarships up to $2,500 each—to youth studying pos-secondary education in agriculture and agri-business.
The CFFO Scholarship Program is an annual event meant to encourage the pursuit of higher education in students who wish to enter agriculture and agri-food-related fields.
It believes that solid academic training is a major factor in the emergence of effective members of any profession, and that the CFFO has a duty to support the development of future leaders in Ontario agriculture.
To apply for a scholarship opportunity, qualified applicants must be:
- secondary school graduates;
- have parents or grandparents who are CFFO members, and
- are registered for full-time studies in an agriculture-related program in Ontario in the upcoming academic year during which they apply for the CFFO Scholarship.
Applicants must provide the following documentation to the CFFO head office by July 31, 2022, to be eligible for this scholarship:
- A completed CFFO Scholarship Application Form;
- An official transcript;
- Proof of full-time registration in an agriculture-related post-secondary course of study for the 2022/2023 academic year;
- A 500-word essay detailing why they are pursuing education in an agriculture-related career and how their faith informs their understanding of farming (or the agri-food related profession they plan to enter).
The documentation may be submitted via email to email@example.com with the subject heading "CFFO Scholarship Application" or via mail postmarked no later than July 31 to the Christian Farmers Federation of Ontario, 642 Woolwich Street, Guelph, ON N1H 3Y2.
Applications will be assessed by a select committee of CFFO Board and staff, with successful applicants soon notified.
There are also several District Christian Farmers Associations that are also offering scholarships to the children of members in their districts—but note that not all districts follow county lines. Contact the CFFO if there is any doubt: https://www.christianfarmers.org/contact.
District scholarships are available for: Chatham-Kent-Essex; Dufferin-Wellington; East Central; Elgin; Huron; Lambton; Perth; Quinte; Rainy River; Simcoe County; St.Lawrence-Ottawa Valley; and Wellington.
Application forms may be downloaded directly from the CFFO website: https://www.christianfarmers.org/members/scholarships.