Startup Collaborator program helps John Deere deepen its interaction with start-up companies whose technology could add future value.
By Andrew Joseph, Farms.com
Deere & Company has revealed seven companies that will be part of its 2022 Startup Collaborator program, designed to better enhance interaction with start-up companies whose technology could add value for John Deere customers in the future.
Launched in 2019, the 2022 year-long program will continue to provide start-ups with Deere affiliation and mentoring and allow the companies to test its test innovative technologies with customers and dealers without a more formal business relationship.
The start-up companies are:
- Burro Robotics of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has developed collaborative robotic platform with off-road autonomy via computer vision, machine learning, and high precision GPS. https://burro.ai/;
- Crop.Zone GMBH of Aachen, Germany produces an electrochemical solution to replace chemical herbicides for weed management and preharvest desiccation. https://crop.zone/;
- Four Growers, Inc. of Turtle Creek, Pennsylvania have developed greenhouse harvesting robots—tomatoes are its first. https://fourgrowers.co/;
- SeeDevice, a Delaware corporation, is located in LaPalma, California. It provides enhanced CMOS SWIR image sensing capabilities and performance using quantum-based photodetector technology that are applied to smart devices in automotive, biomedical, and machine vision applications. https://seedevice.com/;
- Ucrop.it has offices in Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay and the USA. It provides a free digital platform that joins the journey of farmers throughout the crop production cycle, supporting efforts to make agricultural practices sustainable and profitable as they tell the story behind their crops. https://ucrop.it/en;
- ViewAR has offices in Vienna, Austria, London, UK, and Boston, Massachusetts. It creates augmented reality (AR) business solutions, a technology that allows a business to easily create its own high-quality AR-apps and start its own augmented reality journey. https://www.viewar.com;
- Yard Stick PBC is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and develops low-cost, instant, in situ soil carbon measurement technologies for ag carbon removal. https://www.useyardstick.com.
Deere & Company is a global leader in both the ag and construction industry, providing advanced products, technology and services for its customers. Company information can be found at www.JohnDeere.com.