Farm Credit Canada offers a video to teach you how to empower your family to be stewards of your land, legacy, and business.
By Andrew Joseph, Farms.com, Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash
You’ve been running the family ranch for years, one that has been in the family for generations.
And now you are wondering what the transition is going to be like for your kids and their family as they are primed to take over.
But how do you set your next generation of farmland owners up for success?
Farm Credit Canada (FCC) may have the solution you are looking for.
Vanessa Good, who grew up on a Métis Nation mixed farm on Treaty 7 Blackfoot territory in Alberta. She is an FCC Business Advisor and is currently involved in the succession process of her own family farm.
In the video below, she shares transition advice and tools for Canadian Cattlemen to set yourself and the family up for success.
In the video, you will learn how to:
- Understand the family farm/ranch operation puzzle;
- Strengthen the foundation of your family’s legacy;
- Gain operational and financial clarity;
- Onboard the next generation into the business;
- Transfer land while alive and through a will.
Watch the video: