The Ministry of Agriculture and Food is holding a final virtual information session tomorrow for B.C. small-flock poultry owners.
As the cases of avian influenza continue to increase in British Columbia, the virtual session will focus on how owners can protect their flocks and how to prepare for if their birds become sick.
The session is being led by B.C. government veterinary specialists. Attendees will learn about:
Click here to see more...
- improving flock or farm biosecurity to reinforce against disease outbreaks;
- recognizing the signs of avian influenza and how to report cases;
- how foreign animal disease regulations affect small-flock poultry;
- what to expect if a flock is positive for avian influenza; and
- resources available for non-commercial bird owners, including diagnostic services through the B.C. Animal Health Centre.