Canadian Young Speakers for Agriculture 2013 Speech Topics Announced
By Amanda Brodhagen, Farms.com
The Canadian Young Speakers for Agriculture (CYSA) announced its five topics for this year’s public speaking competition. The competition is open to youth ages 11-24 years and they are asked to prepare a five to seven minute speech in one of the official languages. The speech topics are chosen by board members. This year will mark the 28th annual CYSA competition.
CYSA 2013 Speech Topics:
• What does food security mean to Canadians?
• Farmers' three most important technologies are...
• Does the family farm need help?
• In the year 2050, here's what agriculture will look like...
• Reading, writing, and agriculture: should agriculture be in the curriculum?
This year’s competition is scheduled to take place Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013 at the Royal Winter Fair in Toronto, Ontario. More information about the competition can be found at: www.cysa-joca.ca