The BRANDT Foundation and the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign are accepting nominations for the third Glen "GB" Brandt Prize for Ag Entrepreneurism, a prize established to honor the memory of Glen "GB" Brandt, a legendary figure in the field of Illinois agriculture. The prize will recognize an Illinois farmer who exemplifies an entrepreneurial spirit and advances innovation through their business practices.
The $10,000 cash prize will be awarded to a nominee who demonstrates a high level of creativity, a passion for agriculture, and a vision to change the future. The recipient may use the prize-money on their farm as they wish. The winner will be announced and recognized at the AgTech Innovation Summit, an annual event produced by the University of Illinois Research Park, on March 7, 2023.
"GB was an extraordinary person who attacked life with optimism and built a global business from very humble roots," said Rick Brandt, President of The BRANDT Foundation. "We're looking to help someone who shares GB's passion for ag, demonstrates a high level of creativity and has a vision to change the future."
Nominations are being accepted until February 10th for the prize. Eligible nominees include Illinois growers who are linked with the University of Illinois or its affiliates. Examples of affiliations include:
- University of Illinois Alumni
- Conducting field trials or other research with the University
- Working with a University of Illinois Extension office
- A family with a student enrolled at the University of Illinois who is involved in modernizing the family farm
- Involved in the University of Illinois startup ecosystem
- Working with University of Illinois startups as a testbed location for AgTech
- Farming University of Illinois farmland and applying innovative practices or technology
The nomination form is now open and the deadline for submission is February 10, 2023. To nominate yourself or another Illinois grower, please visit https://go.illinois.edu/GlenBrandtAgInnovationPrize.Source : BRANDT