bankrx\iStock\Getty Images Plus photo
To all Ontario Pork producers,
Ontario Pork is closely monitoring recommendations from the government and public health as well as news from industry partners in relation to the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation.
As of March 23:
Click here to see more...
- Border restrictions relate to people only. Trade and commerce, including livestock movement, will continue.
- Processing plants in Ontario continue to operate, with procedures in place to reduce the risk of disease transmission and ensure business continuity.
- In an update on Monday morning, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced there will be new measures to support farmers and agri-food businesses facing financial impacts of COVID-19, including $5 billion in lending capacity for producers, agribusinesses and food processors.
- Minister Bibeau confimed temporary foreign workers in agriculture, agri-food, seafood processing and other key industries will be permitted to enter Canada. All individuals entering from abroad must isolate for 14 days upon their arrival.
- There is no evidence that pigs are susceptible to COVID-19.