Thirteen families take home a 2022 BMO Ontario Farm Family award for dedication to the industry.
By Andrew Joseph, Farms.com;
Since it was difficult to name just one family, BMO Ontario Farm Family Awards awarded 13!
The award recognizes farm families for their dedication to Ontario’s agriculture sector, and the rural way of life. It was announced at the 2022 International Plowing Match and Rural Expo in Kemptville, Ontario.
Awards are handed presented to families nominated by friends, family, or other members of the community online and are chosen by an anonymous panel of five judges—a mix of BMO and OPA (Ontario Ploughmen's Association) representatives, with another agricultural industry leader.
“Ontario’s farm families contribute to their community and to the province in so many significant ways,” said Cathy Lasby, Executive Director of the OPA. “They uphold the traditions of the past while strengthening Ontario’s economic growth. It is truly an honour to recognize them.”
Since 2012, 83 families have been honoured since the BMO Farm Family Awards began.
This year’s recipients are:
- Alton Family, Kenruth Famrs Ltd., Lucknow;
- Armstrong Family, Pinnacle Haven Farm, Renfrew;
- Bloomers Family, Bloomers Family Farm, Ilderton;
- Brown Family, Browns Farms Oakwood Ltd., Woodville;
- Callaghan Family, Maryland Farm Inc., Lindsay,
- Farrell Family, RG & G Farms Ltd., Kincardine;
- Haass Family, Haass Acres, Otonabee;
- Lewis Family, Lewis Land & Stock, Holstein;
- McIntosh Family, McIntosh Farms, Cobourg;
- McKerrall Family, Ro Maur Farms, Chatham;
- McKinlay Family, Silver Springs Farm, Ravenna;
- Perry Family, Perry Farm, Harrowsmith;
- Ribey Family, Millbrook Farms, Paisley.