The winner will receive a John Deere Gator and use of Bayer fungicides
By Diego Flammini
A new contest from Bayer will provide a Canadian farmer with a utility vehicle and the use of crop protection products.
Until March 31, 2023, farmers can enter the ‘Fungicides For The Win’ contest, where a farmer in Eastern Canada and Western Canada will each win a 2022 John Deere Gator HPX815E.
The UTV comes equipped with an electronic switch for instant 4WD engagement and a 16.4 cu ft. cargo box with 1,000 lb (450 kg) capacity.
In addition, the farmer from Eastern Canada will receive 160 acres each of Delaro Complete fungicide and Prosaro PRO fungicide.
The winner from Western Canada will win 160 acres of Proline GOLD fungicide and can choose 160 acres of either Prosaro PRO or TilMOR fungicide.
Delaro provides protection against diseases like common rust, eye spot and Northern corn leaf blight.
Prosaro PRO protects wheat, barley, oats and triticale TilMOR helps suppress fusarium head blight and reduce DON levels. And Proline GOLD protects canola from sclerotinia.
With this contest, Bayer wants to help farmers “make the most of every acre,” Tiffany Gogowhich, brand and advertising manager with Bayer, said in a statement.
Canadian farmers can enter the contest one of two ways – online or at multiple farm shows across the country.
Bayer will be present at the following events to help farmers with contest applications:
- 2023 Crop Production Show – Saskatoon, SK (January 9-12)
- 2023 Manitoba Ag Days – Brandon, MB (January 17-19)
- 2023 Salon de L’agriculture – Saint-Hyacinthe, QC (January 17-19)
- 2023 FarmTech – Edmonton, AB (January 24-25)
- 2023 Potato Days – Brandon, MB (January 24-26)
- 2023 Salon Industrie et Machinerie Agricole de Québec (SI-MAQ) – Wildred-Hamel, QC (January 26-28)
- 2023 Ag Expo – Lethbridge, AB (February 28 – March 2)
- 2023 London Farm Show – London, ON (March 8-10)
- 2023 Ottawa Valley Farm Show – Ottawa, ON (March 14-16)
- GFO March Classic – London, ON (Dates To Be Announced)
The deadline to apply is March 31, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. EST.
Winners will be announced on April 10, 2023.