Ontario Pork Congress Gears Up for ‘Hog Wild’ Week
By Amanda Brodhagen, Farms.com
In preparation for the 40th anniversary of the Ontario Pork Congress (OPC), the congress has partnered up with Stratford Blues and Ribfest to launch the first ever Hog Wild Week.
The line-up of events will surely attract hog producers and visitors from across the province. From educational sessions to pork being served up by local chefs, the pork congress has something for everyone.
Highlights of the event include:
• Trade show – 10a.m. – 5p.m.
• Complimentary BBQ lunch – 11a.m. – 3p.m.
• Hog producer forum – 1:30p.m. – 2:30p.m.
• Pig art displays – will be featured both days
• Local pork prepared by local chefs – 2p.m. – 4p.m. (June 19)
• Hog Jog – 5:30-8:00p.m. (June 19)
• Junior Barrow Show – 10a.m. -3:30p.m. (June 20)
More information can be found on OPC’s website at: http://www.porkcongress.on.ca/. The official Twitter handle for the congress is @OntPorkCongress with the hashatags #hogwildweek and #opc13.