Case IH introduces the new AFS Connect™ Steiger® series tractor — available in Quadtrac®, Rowtrac™ and wheeled configurations from 370 to 620 horsepower. The redesigned cab features an all-new armrest with ergonomic controls, automotive-grade design elements and a 12-inch display that is configurable to fit each operator’s needs. Plus, a new operating system and receiver, coupled with a 5-year subscription to the AFS Connect farm management portal, delivers ultimate connectivity. The high-tech, high-powered tractor package provides producers with freedom to adjust, manage, monitor and transfer data the way they want.
“This tractor sets a new standard for what connectivity and productivity can mean to a farming operation without sacrificing the power, durability and efficiency that Steiger tractors are known for,” said Mitch Kaiser, Case IH Steiger Tractor Marketing Manager. “From the machine enhancements to new technology, AFS Connect Steiger tractors now deliver the connectivity for producers to configure, connect and manage the tractor from the cab, the office or wherever life takes them.”
Connectivity starts with technology that is simple and easy to use. AFS Connect technology embedded into the cab of the tractor is the key to unlocking connectivity and bringing new levels of productivity. Inside the tractor cab, it is powered by three system components:
- AFS Pro 1200 display provides great visibility day or night and features four exterior camera feeds, easy Bluetooth® pairing to link a mobile device, and remote display viewing to connect operators with farm managers seamlessly.
- AFS Vision Pro operating system is familiar and easy to use — just like a smartphone or tablet. This advanced control system allows producers to configure the tractor with either a rotary dial or touch screen.
- AFS Vector Pro receiver streamlines guidance correction options, ranging from base (WAAS and AFS 1) to medium (AFS 2) to high (RTK and AFS RTK+) accuracy levels and has improved guidance.
“The AFS Pro 1200 display is a game changer in the cab. You can push, swipe and scale just about everything you see on the display,” Kaiser said.
Comfort and productivity for long days
The AFS Connect Steiger tractor features a completely redesigned cab, blending simplicity, control and luxury, no matter the crop or field condition producers are working in. Cab features include:
- Ergonomic MultiControl Armrest with eight control buttons, a MultiFunction Handle with four programmable hot keys and an encoder knob for total control at the operator’s fingertips
- Completely new heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- 29 power connectors and diagnostic ports to connect all the devices required to monitor and control the operation
- Standard leather luxury seat with ventilation
- Advanced steering system with adjustable steering rates to increase performance and maneuverability on every turn of the steering wheel
- 360-degree performance lighting that can be grouped to turn on and off as the operator sees fit
- Telescoping mirrors that are adjustable from the cab
“The cab prioritizes comfort for productivity, featuring modern styling and new features for enhanced customization and ease of use,” Kaiser said. “We took into account years of feedback from producers to design a tractor cab environment around the needs of their challenging workdays.”
Along with new features, industry-leading cab suspension, unmatched visibility and a 40-degree swivel seat come standard. Source : Case IH