BY CASE IH
Find the Earth Metal disk blade built to tackle your tough residue challenges
Tackle residue and maximize work time in the field to enhance seedbed productivity by equipping your tillage tool with the right Earth Metal® disks.
There’s no question that healthy crops require healthy soil. That’s why genuine tillage parts from Case IH are built based on Agronomic Design™ principles. Equipped with Earth Metal ground-engaging parts from Case IH, your tillage equipment can effectively manage residue at a consistent depth and improve soil tilth. The result is a high-efficiency seedbed where every seed can thrive.
Which Tillage Disk Is Right for Your Fields?
Set the stage for improved soil management and higher yield, with the strength and durability of Case IH Earth Metal disks. With tough, flexible alloy-steel construction — based on years of in-depth research on tillage and planting agronomics — these disks can handle even the toughest residue. And with one of the largest selections in the industry, there’s an Earth Metal blade for every equipment brand and application. Here are just a few that Case IH offers:
- VT wave blades: Ideal for rocky conditions, these vertical tillage blades mix the heaviest residue to create ideal seedbed conditions from uneven fields.
- Barracuda blade: Knife-type serrations are ideal for cutting through difficult cornstalks and leave a blacker soil finish.
- Extenda-Wear disk blades: For farmers in extremely abrasive soils or for those farmers looking for longer life. These blades are treated with a special coating that yields a disk that can triple or even quadruple wear life, as compared with nontreated blades.
- Three-sided blades: For heavy clay soil, rocky soil or chopping and incorporating crop residue to plant the next crop immediately.
- SoilRazor™ disk blades: The unique saw-tooth design provides exceptional penetration in hard, compact soils and is extremely well-suited for cutting through the toughest residue.
- Notched disk blades: These disks work best in harder soil that may contain sticks, clay or rocks.
- Concave plane round: These disks are designed for all tillage equipment makes.
- Crimped plane round: Designed for Case IH tillage equipment, the crimping technique is used in round crimp to make the blade strong as it works through heavy clay soil.
Real-life Proof of Durability of Earth Metal Blades
Earth Metal is strong and durable without the brittleness found with conventional steel. The Super Sharp™ edges on our latest disk blades, for example, are ideal for tough field conditions and genetically modified crops. When Earth Metal encounters rocks or tree stumps, the metal flexes around the object and returns to original shape rather than cracking or fracturing. In fact, quality tests prove this toughness. Earth Metal can withstand more than 800 cycles of stress testing, compared with conventional steel, which typically lasts 10 cycles.1
Growers around North America choose Earth Metal blades for this proven durability. Take this real-life example: Case IH 47-foot True-Tandem™ 330 Turbo was fitted with half Earth Metal VT wave blades and half conventional steel blades. After 3,600 acres in heavy, dark and very rocky soils, several of the conventional steel blades were broken and bent. Only one Earth Metal blade had a slight bend, but no cracking or breaking.2
To explore Earth Metal blade options best suited for your tillage equipment, click here.Source : CASE IH