London, UK: Proagrica, the largest tech and data business serving the global ag market, has launched Commercial Analytics, a platform developed specifically for Ag Retailers. It combines data integration and data science capabilities to help businesses make data-informed decisions that will maximize revenue.
Graeme McCracken, MD at Proagrica, says: “On average, businesses analyze just over a tenth of the data they hold across all sources. This is a huge wasted opportunity – especially for sales. ERP systems offer the potential to generate a wealth of valuable data, but translating this into actionable insight is no easy task.
“Commercial Analytics combines Proagrica’s technical expertise with its specialist agricultural knowledge to help Ag Retailers unlock the power of the sales data they already own. It empowers these businesses to transition from reactive decision making to proactive strategies that will help future proof their offer.”
The platform integrates and extracts sales data from across a retailer’s ERP systems. The technology is system agnostic, working with the existing tech infrastructure to bring together data that has previously been held in siloes.
Commercial Analytics standardizes, cleans and enriches the data to make it suitable for analytics. This produces reliable, consistent and valuable insights that are delivered through intuitive and flexible dashboards. These enable users across the organization to identify and take advantage of opportunities and also to respond to business challenges.
The platform comprises five core modules, which can be used individually or in combination to suit the particular needs of the user, these are:
- Customer Insights - provides a full view of customer sales data on a macro and micro level. Used to review the full customer landscape, maximize customer spend, and track loyalty.
- Sales Team Insights – metrics for sales managers that focus on sales team performance against targets on an aggregate or individual basis. As well as giving the salesperson visibility of their own performance to take charge of their own success.
- Sales Insights – a consolidated, up-to-date and reliable view of sales figures across the whole business.
- Product Positioning – offers full visibility of the product journey, from order to invoice. Identifies inefficiencies to improve customer order fulfilment and patterns of late payment.
- Pricing Insights – enables centralized tracking to guide pricing and purchasing decisions. Allows users to set a pricing framework across the whole organization to better manage margins.
McCracken concludes: “Commercial Analytics is an extremely flexible platform, the use cases and the opportunities scale in line with the amount and type of data fed into the system. In automating data integration and processing, it drives efficiencies and reduces time lost to human error – a key issue in a sector so governed by seasonality.
“Sales teams don’t need to change the ways in which they operate, rather it demonstrates the value they offer and complements their skill and knowledge. It allows them to focus on strategy, identify new opportunities and build even stronger working relationships with their growers.”Source : Proagrica