Farms.com Home   Ag Industry News

Farmers pose naked for calendar and charity

Farmers pose naked for calendar and charity

Male & female Scottish farmers strip for calendar supporting mental health.

By Andrew Joseph, Farms.com

Scottish farmers sure aren’t skittish.

In an effort to raise money to help a charity that deals with rural community mental health concerns, young Scottish farmers volunteered to strip naked for cheeky poses in the Young Farmers Naked Calendar 2022.

Done during the warmer months of June thru October 2021, the farmers bared all (sorta mostly – no Full Monty) for the RSABI, a Scottish charity dedicated to the relief of hardship and poverty amongst people who have depended on land for their livelihood.

The charity was founded as the Royal Scottish Agricultural Benevolent Institution (RSABI) in 1897 to mark Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee and in recognition of the deep agricultural depression at the time.

Of the £12 (~CDN $20.50) calendar cost, 80 percent will go to the RSABI, with the remaining 20 percent going to help run events for young farmers.

Organized by the Lothian and Peeblesshire Young Farmers Club in Scotland, keeps it clean in its back-to-nature photos of the farm workers in their environment—but covered with, for example, seed bags and saddles. The farmer models—male and female—range in age from 22-27.   

Some of the RSABI charity work, is working with those who have mental health issues within the rural ag community—the Young Farmers Club noted it had seen some of its own members go through difficult times.


Trending Video

A Farm Retreat from the 'Real World'

Video: A Farm Retreat from the 'Real World'

West Virginia State Trooper gets relief from his job at his farm with the help of Massey Ferguson. Chris Shrader a sergeant with the WV State Police raises a small herd of cattle on his third generation farm near Belington, West Virginia. Chris uses his Massey Ferguson 4608 tractor and Hesston by Massey Ferguson hay equipment to do his hay work and other chores around his farm retreat. Chris has been a great ambassador throughout the years helping other officers and friends equip their farms with Massey Ferguson equipment.
 

Comments (1)


Your email address will not be published

I am not sure? I hope to raise $5,000.00 going door to door for my annual "Walk for Alzheimers" for Grey/Bruce and Huron Counties before the end of May. This would give me a grand total of $100,000.00 in 12 years of collecting for Alzheimers but I never ever thought of "a new twist" - I am not sure? I have to admit though 40 years ago when my wife & I started raising money through charity slo pitch ball tournaments you are always looking for something new.
Peter |Jan 6 2022 5:43AM