This week in Manitoba, Cleanfarms is running its 2019 collection program for unwanted pesticides and obsolete livestock/equine medications.
In most cases, collection days are scheduled at local agricultural retailers' sites and events are open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Materials accepted in the Cleanfarms program include:
- old or unwanted agricultural pesticides (identified with a Pest Control Product number on the label)
- commercial pesticides for golf courses and industrial and commercial pest control products (identified with a Pest Control Product number on the label)
- livestock/equine medications that are used in rearing animals in an agricultural context (identified with a DIN number, serial number or Pest Control Product number on the label)
The program will NOT accept:
- fertilizer, diluted solution, large quantities of unopened product, and treated seed
- needles/sharps, medicated feed, aerosol containers, premises disinfectants/sanitizers, veterinary clinic waste and medications, ear tags, and aerosols
- any other household hazardous waste.Click here to see more...