Ontario is recognizing the work of local innovators whose ideas and passion are helping grow band strengthen our province’s agri-food sector.
Kathryn McGarry, MPP for Cambridge, hosted a ceremony in Cambridge today to recognize Dufferin, Haldimand, Norfolk, Perth and Wellington Counties’ recipients of this year’s Premier’s Award for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence.
The awards honour the contributions of hard-working and innovative people across the province who are creating new agri-food products, adding value to existing products, supporting job creation and building economic growth in Ontario.
The award recipients from the Dufferin, Haldimand, Norfolk, Perth and Wellington Counties are:
- Holmes Agro, based in Dufferin County
- Innovative Farmers Association of Ontario, based in Dufferin County
- Spring Knoll Dairy Inc., based in Haldimand County
- Woolleys’ Lamb, based in Norfolk County
- Perth County Ingredients, Perth County
- Bioenterprise Corporation, based in Wellington County
- CanWest DHI, based in Wellington County
- Green Table Foods, based in Wellington County
- Jewels Under the Kilt, based in Wellington County
- Thatcher Farms Butcher Shop, Bakery & Farm Market — Wellington County
Supporting innovation in agriculture is part of Ontario’s plan to create fairness and opportunity during this period of rapid economic change. The plan includes a higher minimum wage and better working conditions, free tuition for hundreds of thousands of students, easier access to affordable child care, and free prescription drugs for everyone under 25 through the biggest expansion of medicare in a generation.
Source: Kathryn McGarry, M.P.P.