Subscribe to the Western Canadian News Update
Are you a farmer in Western Canada? Are you subscribed to the Farms.com Western Canadian Newsletter? These two go hand-in-hand, so what are you waiting for? For a limited time, visit Farms.com/newsletters/ and subscribe to the Farms.com Western Canadian News Update for a chance to win a Stihl MS 170 16-inch chainsaw.
To be eligible to win, you must subscribe to the Farms.com Western Canadian News Update between May 1 and May 31, 2020, and still be subscribed when Farms.com draws the winning entry on June 3, 2020. Newsletter subscriptions are free and there are no additional charges. To enter the contest, you must be a farmer/producer with a minimum of 10 acres. You must reside in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, or Alberta, and you must complete all the information on the online sign-up page, such as age and type of farm.
If you already subscribe to the Farms.com Western Canadian News Update, retweet this Contest Information for a chance to win the chainsaw. Tweets must be posted between May 1 and May 31, 2020. The winners will be announced on Wednesday, June 3, 2020.
Contest winners will be chosen randomly from all entries. Only one prize will be awarded.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who subscribe to the Farms.com Western Canadian News Update between May 1 and May 31, 2020 and are still subscribed when Farms.com draws the winning entry on June 3, 2020.
If you already subscribe to the Farms.com Western Canadian newsletter, retweet the Contest Information for a chance to win the chainsaw. Retweets must occur between May 1 and May 31, 2020, and you must be an existing subscriber to the newsletter.
- Only one entry per household.
- You must be a farmer/producer with a minimum of 10 acres.
- You must reside in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, or Alberta.
- You must complete all information on the newsletter sign-up page, such as age and type of farm.
- The Contest is only open to legal residents in Canada and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Farms.com Ltd. its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Farms.com final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online and on twitter starting May 1, 2020 at 00:01 AM (Central District Time) and will end on May 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm (Central District time).
- How to Enter: To be eligible to win, you must subscribe to the Farms.com Western Canadian News Update by visiting Farms.com/newsletters/ between May 1 and May 31, 2020, and still be subscribed when Farms.com draws the winning entry. Only one entry per household.
If you already subscribe to the Farms.com newsletter, retweet the Contest Information for a chance to win the chainsaw. Tweets must take place between May 1 and May 31, 2020. Only one entry per household.
The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Farms.com. You must provide the information requested. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Farms.com.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive: A Stihl MS 170, 16-inch chainsaw, valued at approximately $289.95 Canadian. One prize will be awarded from entries received in Canada.
Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Farms.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Farms.com’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted.
Click here to see more...
- Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Farms.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of Farms.com. Winner will be notified via phone, email, or twitter within 24 hours following selection of Winner. Farms.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk email or other security settings, or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT FARMS.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), you understand and agree that Farms.com, anyone acting on behalf of Farms.com, and Farms.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, you represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Farms.com. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Farms.com from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Farms.com may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Farms.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Farms.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Farms.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Farms.com. Farms.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Farms.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Farms.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Farms.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF Canada and Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and Ontario WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Ontario in Canada having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, email your request to email@example.com. Requests must be received no later than June 30, 2020.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Farms.com; Canadian Address: 52 Royal Road, Unit A, Guelph, Ontario, N1H 1G3
- Twitter: The Contest hosted by Farms.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter.
- By entering the contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all the Official Rules.