Twelve 4-H Canada youth leaders from across the country have been awarded 2023 TD 4-H Agriculture Scholarships.
By Andrew Joseph, Farms.com; Photo by Hermes Rivera on Unsplash
4-H Canada has announced the 12 young leaders from across Canada who have been awarded the 2023 TD 4-H Agriculture Scholarships.
These 12 members of 4-H were selected from across Canada, each receiving $3,000 to pursue post-secondary studies in the fields of agriculture, agricultural science, or agricultural business beginning in autumn 2023.
"We could not be happier with the selection of TD 4-H Agriculture recipients this year, and on behalf of 4-H Canada, I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate them all," stated Shannon Benner, the Chief Executive Officer of 4-H Canada. "We are fortunate to work with partners like TD who recognize and support our mission to empower youth to be responsible, caring, and contributing leaders that affect positive change in the world around them."
Together, 4-H Canada and TD are committed to promoting positive youth development and providing youth with tools and guidance to lay the foundation for a lifelong love of learning in the field of agriculture.
"TD is a proud supporter of 4-H Canada and the role it plays in the lives of tomorrow's agriculture leaders," exclaimed Alec Morley, Senior Vice President, Agriculture Services, Business Banking. "Congratulations to this year's scholarship recipients, and thank you for your dedication to agriculture. We all benefit when agriculture thrives."
For 110 years, 4-H Canada has been one of the most respected positive youth development organizations in Canada, with 17,434 members and nearly 7,000 volunteer leaders participating in more than 45,000 projects.
The 2023 TD 4-H Agriculture Scholarship recipients are:
- Karsten Grabler—Cherhill, Alberta, Agricultural Sustainability at Lakeland College;
- Kinley Baier—Compeer, Alberta, Animal Science Technology: Beef Science at Lakeland College;
- Lucia Johnston—150 Mile House, British Columbia, Applied Sustainable Ranching Diploma at Thompson Rivers University;
- Grace Van Buekenhout—Dauphin, Manitoba, Bachelor of Science (Food Science) at the University of Manitoba;
- Alexander Versloot—Keswick Ridge, New Brunswick, Business Management—Dairy Farming at Dalhousie University;
- Matthew Bishop—Round Hill, Nova Scotia, Business Management—Dairy Farming at Dalhousie University;
- James Rand—Port Williams, Nova Scotia, Bachelor of Science in Animal Science at Dalhousie University;
- Doug Archer—Mount Pleasant, Ontario, Bachelor of Science in Agriculture at the University of Guelph;
- Kaylee Wells—Jasper, Ontario, Bachelor of Science in Agriculture at the University of Guelph;
- Brooklyn Ziebarth—Pakenham, Ontario, Bachelor of Science in Agriculture at the University of Guelph;
- Devyn Tomolak—Aberdeen, Saskatchewan, Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness at the University of Saskatchewan;
- Caitlyn Spratt—Melfort, Saskatchewan, Bachelor of Science in Animal Bioscience at the University of Saskatchewan.
For more information on the TD 4-H Agriculture Scholarship, visit www.4-H-Canada.ca/scholarships.