Fisheries and Aquaculture Minister Steve Craig recognized outstanding contributions in three important Nova Scotia industries with the Minister’s Awards of Excellence today.
“These awards recognize the exceptional individuals and organizations in Nova Scotia’s seafood, sportfish and aquaculture industries,” said Minister Craig. “Their outstanding achievement comes from their hard work and dedication.”
Recipients of the Fisheries and Aquaculture Minister’s Awards of Excellence included:
- Sportfish Conservation Award – Mike Feltmate
- Sportfish Development Award – Sali Cunningham and Mary Atkinson
- Product Development Award – Ocean Pride Fisheries Ltd. (Jules Leblanc, President)
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Noël Després
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Corey Mood (posthumous)
- Industry Development/Advancement Award – First Fisherman Seafoods Ltd. (Hubert Nicholas, director)
- Special Humanitarian Award – Osborne Burke, Tommy Symes, Stanley Symes, Adam Sams, Dillon Gordon.
The awards ceremony was part of the Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture Minister’s Conference 2022, held in partnership with the Seafarmers Conference of the Aquaculture Association of Nova Scotia.Source : Nova Scotia.ca