The Ministry of Agriculture and Food will hold three information sessions Oct. 12-14 for small-flock poultry owners on Salt Spring Island and in the Cowichan and Comox valleys.
The sessions will focus on the avian influenza virus, how they can protect their flocks and how to prepare for potential impacts if their birds become sick.
The sessions will be led by B.C. government veterinary specialists. Attendees will learn about:
Click here to see more...
- improving flock or farm biosecurity to reinforce against disease outbreaks;
- recognizing the signs of avian influenza and how to report cases;
- how foreign animal disease regulations affect small-flock poultry;
- what to expect if a flock is positive for avian influenza; and
- resources available for non-commercial bird owners, including diagnostic services through the BC Animal Health Centre.