Today, the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, the Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, announced three appointments and two reappointments to Farm Credit Canada’s (FCC) Board of Directors. These individuals have extensive backgrounds in agriculture and are active members in their communities.
- James Laws – reappointed to a three-year term
- Michele Hengen – reappointed to a three-year term
- Rita Achrekar – appointed to a four-year term
- Sylvie Chagnon – appointed to a four-year term
- Michael Tees – appointed to a four-year term
In 2016, the Government of Canada implemented an open, transparent and merit-based process for selecting Governor in Council appointees. Appointees play a fundamental role in Canada’s democracy by serving on commissions, boards, Crown corporations, agencies and tribunals across the country. Source : canada