Ontario is recognizing local agri-food industry innovators whose new ideas and products are creating jobs, growing local economies and bringing more Ontario food to consumers.
These innovators were celebrated today at a ceremony in Jerseyville, where regional winners of the Premier's Awards for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence were honoured for their contributions to the success of Ontario's agri-food sector. The winners are:
- Arlington Farms, Jarvis (Haldimand County)
- RentThisLand.com, Hagersville (Haldimand County)
- Baba Link Organic Farm, City of Hamilton
- Reif Naturals by Reif Estate Winery, Niagara-on-the-Lake (Niagara Region)
- The Foreign Affair Winery, Vineland (Niagara Region)
- Bryan and Cathy Gilvesy/Y U Ranch, Tillsonburg (Norfolk County)
- J&S Judge Farms Ltd., Simcoe (Norfolk County)
- Purple Daze Lavender, St. Williams (Norfolk County)
- The Blue Elephant Craft Brew House, Simcoe (Norfolk County)
- Auvergne Farms Ltd. dba Jakeman's Maple Products, Beachville (Oxford County)
- Sedum Master Inc., Princeton (Oxford County)
- Superior Mat & Comfort Inc., Salford (Oxford County)
Supporting a strong and innovative agri-food industry is part of the government's three-part economic plan to invest in people, invest in infrastructure and help businesses grow and create jobs.