The THRIVE CANADA Challenge, in partnership with Farm Credit Canada, aims to enable the needed transformations in Canada’s food value chain as highlighted in the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals. The Challenge will accomplish this by identifying, promoting, accelerating, and investing in innovative early stage Canadian start-ups that are creating new and alternative paths for a more efficient and sustainable
global food system.
Five to ten start-ups will be selected from the pool of applicants to present their ideas at THRIVE CANADA’s Pitch Challenge before an audience of top agricultural leaders, investors, and entrepreneurs. One winning start-up will receive the THRIVE CANADA Challenge Award, brand exposure, participation in an all-expenses paid Silicon Valley Startup Bootcamp, access to the THRIVE ecosystem, and a spot at pitch finals for Samsung’s Extreme Tech Challenge (XTC) and the award-winning THRIVE VII Accelerator Program (March- June 2021) which includes investment and pitching at THRIVE | Forbes Demo Day in Salinas, California, USA.
Agri-food Tech Areas:
- Animal Health & Livestock
- Big Data & Predictive Analytics
- Farm Management
- Foo Safety
- Indoor Farming
- Innovative Food (ingredient innovation)
- Packaging & Freshness Solutions
- Robotics & Automation
- Software, Sensing, and IoT
- Supply Chain Management & Traceability
- Recognition from SVG Ventures | THRIVE as one of the most promising agri-food companies in Canada
- Exposure to local and international investors and organizations
- Mentorship and coaching in preparation for the THRIVE CANADA Pitch Challenge.
- THRIVE CANADA Challenge Award
- THRIVE Silicon Valley Startup Bootcamp (all-expenses-paid for max. 2 founders including travel, food, and accommodations in summer 2021; $15k USD value)
- Promotion on THRIVE’s social media, website, and newsletter (total reach of 500k+)
- Mentorship, coaching, and access to the THRIVE ecosystem
- A spot at pitch finals for Samsung’s Extreme Tech Challenge (XTC)
- A spot at pitch finals for the award-winning THRIVE VII Accelerator Program (March-June 2021) which includes investment and pitching at THRIVE | Forbes Demo Day in Salinas, California, USA.
Source : FCC