Did you know Canadian chicken farmers follow the strict Raised by a Canadian Farmer Animal Care Program? It’s true- and they’re proud of it! Recently, we met with Ontario chicken farmer Tim, who gave us the low down on the program.
On top of all that, let’s check out five fun facts about our Raised by a Canadian Farmer Animal Care Program.
Click here to see more...
- It’s national: Developed and overseen by our office in Ottawa, all of Canada’s chicken farmers, from coast to coast, are held to the same high standards.
- It’s based on best practices: The program is based on the National Farm Animal Care Council’s (NFACC) Canadian Recommended Code of Practice for the Care and Handling of Chickens, Turkeys and Breeders from Hatchery to Processing Plant. NFACC is an authority on national farm animal care.
- It’s credible: Over 40 organizations were consulted during the program’s development and its implementation has received support from several stakeholders, including the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association.
- It’s auditable: Canada’s chicken farmers are audited on an annual basis by trained auditors.
- It works: 100% of farmers are certified on our Raised by a Canadian Farmer Animal Care Program.